This statement of Fundamental Truths is not intended as a creed for the Church, but as a basis of unity for a full Gospel Ministry. (1 Cor. 1:10)
1. WE BELIEVE that the Bible (i.e. the Old and New Testaments excluding the Apocrypha), is the inspired Word of God. The infallible, all sufficient rule for faith and practice.
(2 Tim. 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. WE BELIEVE in the unity of the One True and Living God Who is the Eternal, Self-Existent “I AM" Who has also revealed Himself as One being in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(Deut. 6:4; Mark 12: 29; Matt 28:19)
3. WE BELIEVE in the Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Triumphant Ascension and Abiding Intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ and in His Premillennial Second Advent as the blessed hope set before all believers.
(Isa. 7:14; Matt 1:23; Heb7:26; 1 Pet 2:22; Acts 2:22; 10:38; 2 Cor 5:21; Heb 9:12; Luke 24:39; 1 Cor. 15:4; Acts 1:9; Eph. 4:8-10; Rom. 8:34; Heb. 7:25; 1 Cor 15:22-24; 51-57; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Rev. 20:1-6)
4. WE BELIEVE in the fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
(Gen. 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Rom. 5:12-21)
5. WE BELIEVE in salvation through faith in Christ, Who died for our sins according to the Scriptures, was buried and was raised from among the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures; and through His Blood we have Redemption.
(Tit. 2:11; 3: 5-7; Rom. 10:8-15; 1 Cor. 15:3-4)
This experience is also known as the New Birth and is an instantaneous and complete peration of the Holy Spirit upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
(John 3:5-6; James 1:23; 1 John 5:1)
6. WE BELIEVE that Baptism by immersion in water is enjoined upon all who have really repented and truly believed with all their hearts in Christ as Saviour and Lord.
(Matt. 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Acts 2:38-39)
7. WE BELIEVE in the baptism in the Holy Spirit, the initial evidence of which is the speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
(Acts. 2:4; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 19:6; Isa. 8:18)
8. WE BELIEVE that the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and the Offices have been set by God in the Church, as recorded in the New Testament.
(1 Cor.12:4-11, 28; Eph. 4:7-16)
9. WE BELIEVE in holiness of life and conduct in obedience to the command of God “Be ye holy for I am holy”.
(1 Pet. 1:14-16; Heb 12:14; 1 Thess 5:23; 1 John 2:6; 1 Cor. 13)
10. WE BELIEVE that deliverance from sickness, by Divine Healing is provided for in the Atonement.
(Isa. 53:4-5; Matt. 8:16-17; James 5:13-16)
11. WE BELIEVE that Breaking of Bread is enjoined upon all believers until the Lord comes.
(Luke 22:14-20; 1 Cor. 11:20-34)
12. WE BELIEVE in the bodily resurrection of all men, the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and that everlasting conscious punishment is the portion of all whose names are not written in the Book of Life.
(John 5:28-29; 1 Cor. 15:22-24; Dan. 12:2-3; Matt.25:46; 2 Thess. 1:9; Rev. 20:10-15)
Wall Rebuilders © All rights reserved | Charity Registration Number: 1134336